Have you been involved in a rental car accident in Orlando?
Florida is a popular travel location and many people rent cars when traveling throughout the state. With the high number of rental cars come an increased number of rental car-related auto accidents. Often rental car accident victims are unsure of what to do when they are involved in a crash. Does your personal auto insurance policy cover you for injuries and or damages? What information do you need? What information do you provide to others? Often people wonder, “Should I have purchased insurance from the rental car company?” It can be confusing and very stressful.
What to do if you’re in a rental car accident
- First and most important seek medical treatment if you, passengers, pedestrians, or any parties in other vehicles are injured. Make sure everyone is ok.
- If your accident is more than a fender bender and if anyone is injured call 911 for help from the police and or an ambulance.
- Exchange contact information name, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, insurance company and policy numbers, driver’s license numbers, vehicle registration numbers, and license plate numbers. Also remember to get witness contact information name, address, phone, and emails.
- Document the accident location, street names, route numbers, intersection names, use your smartphone to take pictures, take notes using your voice recorder on your smartphone.
- Report the accident with the rental car company this information is generally on the rental agreement or posted somewhere in the rental car.
- Contact a local personal injury attorney because traffic and accident laws can vary from state to state.
When you contact The Jaspon Firm Jeremiah Jaspon will provide you with the right legal guidance for your particular accident. Each auto accident is different and rental car-related accidents add another level of complexity.
(888) WE.STAND * (407) 513-9515